My Charlie Girl...

...She is my world...

Monday, June 05, 2006

I never got the call...

Well, I thought I had a real shot at getting this role...
I thought that they thought I had talent...
I thought that they could look past my weight...
But I guess that's not the case... And it never will be...

I am starting to wonder if I should just abandon my dream of being on stage. I know that I have a little talent, but unless someone gives me a chance to bring that talent to the stage, I won't ever get to share it with anyone else. My mom is optimistic in thinking that they could still call me today but I am sure that the part had been cast almost immediately. Again, the thin girl wins! That's assuming that the girl that was singing for the same role is the only one they needed to hear, other than me.

I am very bummed and quite down on myself. Thankfully my family supports me but if I don't believe in myself, then what's the use of trying in the first place, right? But I did walk into the auditions (and callbacks) with some confidence. As if to say "I will give you everything I have and you won't regret it!"

I am sure the play will be a great, in fact, I hope it is. It is a FANTASTIC play and the music is in my heart and it Always will be.

Too bad I will not get to convey the passion and love I have for The Who's Tommy to the many audiences that would be in attendance...

I was mostly looking forward to having my Charlie Girl attend one of the shows with Jimmy. Sitting in the front row and watching (listening) to something mommy loves to do... But that is just a dream I guess.

...At least I was happy for a little while...

To be continued...

3 Comments:

  • At 7:35 AM, Blogger Auntie X said…

    Awwww... I'm so sorry sweetie. I hope you're wrong though about all of it. And just because you don't get 1 call doesn't mean you should give up entirely!

     
  • At 9:54 AM, Blogger Meri (aka Ama) said…

    I won't give up entirely... I am just bummed for now. I will get over it. I always do...

     
  • At 3:16 PM, Blogger Meri (aka Ama) said…

    Thanks David! It's bold but I really like it! I needed a change!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home