My Charlie Girl...

...She is my world...

Monday, May 15, 2006

Paging "NEUROLOGY" to Floor 9 (North)

Today, Charlie is going for her Electroencephalograms (EEG or Brain Wave Tests). This will take place over the next 24 to 48 hours. If you take a look at the link above, this will bring you to the Children's Hospital Boston website where it explains what this test is all about. In abbreviated terms, this test will monitor her seizures. They adhere little metal conductors to her head and from there, the parent present presses a button each time he or she recognizes a seizure. This is a long but necessary procedure. While she is there, I set up to have the GI-Team come by and check on her tube that they recently changed. Unfortunately, in speaking with Dr. Fishman, I fear that she will need to have the 'stomach twisting' procedure done since she still shows signs of reflux. But, one step at a time!

This time, Jimmy has gone with his baby girl. I am at work. I am handling this okay for now but when I get home to our puppy Rocco and no Charlie Girl, it might be a different story! Since Jimmy is going to CA in June, I need to save my time so that I can take time off to care for Charlie Girl. I am scared about taking care of her by myself for that long but I am sure I can do it!

Some people have referred to me as "Super Mom", but I don't see myself as that. I am just a mom caring for her daughter. As I will continue to do until she decides otherwise...

To be continued...

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home