My Charlie Girl...

...She is my world...

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The Who's "TOMMY" at the Theatre on the Mount


So, if ANYONE knows me then they know that The Who's "TOMMY" is one of my favorite Broadway shows EVER! Well, Mount Wachussett Community Theatre is taking on the task of putting on the production of the Rock Opera Tommy and I want to audition for it. I stayed up late lastnight contenplating whether or not I should. What about Charlie?? What about Jimmy?? Will they resent me for being away from home that much on the designated rehearsal nights?? Will I be neglecting Charlie?? Will she even know that I am not home?? Will she and Jimmy be able to feel how happy I am being on stage again??

Jimmy gave me his blessing! That means so much to me! Performing on stage is one of my true loves in this world. I miss it! I miss being a part of a production that touches people (in a good way of course, well, except for the character of Uncle Ernie but that's a whole other blog).

I would love to play Mrs. Walker! She is a strong Mother who never gives up on her child. She stays strong for her son and her husband. This is the role that I have been wanting and waiting to play since I saw the play 9 times (Yes, 9 times... I know) on Broadway back between 1993 and 1994! And honestly, I believe I have enough experience now to play that role. I believe I can bring a certain knowledge and truth to that role.

I am seriously thinking about auditioning, which would take place at the end of this month! You know, it's so ironic how this story is about a deaf, dumb (I think it should be mute and not dumb. I don't like the insinuations behind that word!) and blind child. Strange huh? There are a few lines during one of the songs on the Soundtrack where Mr. & Mrs. Walker sing the following:


"I often wonder what he is feeling. Has he ever heard a word I've said? Look at him in the mirror dreaming, what is happening in his head?"

and

"What is happening in his head... Oh... I wish I knew... I wish I knew"

That is how I feel about my Charlie Girl...

To be continued...

3 Comments:

  • At 9:31 AM, Blogger Auntie X said…

    Yay! You should definitely audition! Oooo... that would be so cool if you got the part. And I agree, you've got the perfect life experience to draw from (even though Charlie is not deaf). I'm so excited for you. Keep us updated!

     
  • At 2:36 PM, Blogger Meri (aka Ama) said…

    Let's all hope that they don't descriminate against heavy set people :)

     
  • At 1:42 PM, Blogger Meri (aka Ama) said…

    David, you should try out also! I think you would really like the music as well!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home